Wednesday 19 May 2010

Happy Bunnies

It's hot and humid today and I'm having a horrible time.
The trial recipe for the milk chocolate finally worked, so decided to make a 3 kilo batch.
After about 3 hours the Santha started making awful noises so rushed over and saw a volcanic eruption. Claggy chocolate was oozing out from under the lid.
My tentative conclusion is that maybe there was too high a percentage of dry ingredients but I reckon that the main problem is the weather.
I've put the air conditioning on, left the lid off the Santha and directed a fan at it. I also added some more liquid ingredients (cocoa liqor and cocoa butter). I'm hoping it will work but it means a step back as I can't regard it as a successful large batch formula.
The best case scenario is that I will be able to use it for ganache.
This puts me severely off schedule as I had planned to have completed experiments on dark, milk and white this week.

To make the day even worse, I went out to order business cards and came back with a half dead heron which I now have to take to the vet and pay to have it put down.

And the kids are fighting over a bucket, they are surrounded with hundreds of expensive educational toys and are fighting over a bucket.

A happy bunny I am not.

2 comments:

  1. Why doesn't John want to see pictures of you in your undies??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never offered actually lol

    ReplyDelete