Tuesday 11 May 2010

Spin Me Right Round Baby

After about a week my Santha arrived. Oh the excitement.
I can't believe I thought I could make decent chocolate without it, it really is a great piece of equipment (and a lovely deep red colour too).
I've made a few batches of chocolate in it and it really does do 'what it says on the box' which is grinding the dry ingredients into microscopic microscopicity and conching (more details about conching later).
However,to be completely honest if I didn't have to make my own chocolate I wouldn't.I'm not saying that people don't or wont find it fun or interesting. Perhaps because I have to do it and don't really chose to is the problem. I'd much rather be spending my time and efforts making pretty and impressive looking truffles and filled chocolates than struggling with new, complicated and untested formulas using 'weird' ingredients, some of which I've never even heard of until recently.
I'm sounding ungrateful I know but I'm not. It's wonderful and amazing that I can buy some ingredients and a machine that doesn't take up the whole of the kitchen and actually make chocolate at home. How cool is that?!?

You may be wondering why the title of the post is "Spin Me Right Round Baby".
I thought it would be better than "Grind Me All Day Baby"

No comments:

Post a Comment