Sunday 30 May 2010

こんにちは、再び

Yet another frustrating busy day with little to show for my efforts.
Decided to continue with the sushi and so began with the easy task of making the chocolate clay for the nori. I've done it before so no probs and thus made a big batch of over a kilo. Except that because I am an utter idiot I did it form memory and therefore wrong and buggered it up. Took over an hour of struggling to try to fix it, don't know if I've managed, will find out tomorrow (it needs to rest in fridge 24 hours).
So after wallowing in misery and self pity for a while I pulled myself together and continued.

Am taking a little break from cutting sticky dried fruit for the salmon, messy business I can assure you, and trying to find something that would look like pickled ginger.
Tomorrow am hoping I'll be more successful, plan to roll out the clay and make the nori sheets; make pistachio gianduja for the avocado and the white chocolate rice as the, well, rice.

Oh, the dying spider tracks in the title means Hello Again in Japanese.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea you were fluent in Japanese - impressive stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am, one of my many hidden talents :)

    ReplyDelete