Monday 17 May 2010

Patience Is....

Patience is just one of the many virtues that I do not possess.
I hate waiting for things, anything. If I want something, I want it now.
This is especially problematic for me at the moment as I have to wait for deliveries; ingredients or machinery for example.
I also have to wait for ages and ages for the chocolate. First while it is being ground in the Santha and then I have to wait at least 24 hours after Ive tempered it to see how it tastes, as the flavours change and develop over time.
In fact the advice is to let the chocolate mature for 3 months. Well I doubt that will happen (unless I drop some behind the fridge and it lives there unmolested for a while).

At first I thought the grinding machine was just to , well, grind stuff. But when it come to chocolate it isn't. Apart from grinding the particles of the sugar, milk powder (if used) and the cocoa liqor until it reaches a lovely smooth consistency,it also allows the flavours of the cocoa liqor to mellow out.
Sort of like a metaphorical doobie.

No comments:

Post a Comment