Friday 28 May 2010

Konnichiwa

It's been a very busy week. Busy and frustrating.

For most of the week I've had 9 hour long days with little to show for my efforts than a huge mess and a sore body. Experimenting with unfamiliar materials and methods can be a thankless, difficult and occasionally soul destroying task.

Still waiting for an ingredient I ordered for making the sugar free chocolate so havn't been able to make any which is very annoying.

I made sugar free pecan nut paste for gijanduya: too runny, and hazelnut gijanduya: not firm enough (will re melt it and add more chocolate in case you are interested).

The second part of the week I made 60+ marshmallow chocolate and sweets lollies for a bat mitzva gift (photos will hopefully be added later) and making chocolate sushi.
Yes, you read correctly, chocolate sushi. You can stop gagging, it is chocolate made to look like sushi, not chocolate and fish (bleuch).

This is something I started playing with about 2 years ago and have been thinking of a way to do it that it isn't too time consuming (and therefore too expensive for sale), doesn't look like a five year old made it, includes rice (crispy rice) and tastes good, even great.
I'm not there yet but have made a few different types and some are looking good (photos later). While working on it have some other ideas but of course they requier materials I don't have and will have to wait until they arrive (sometime next week I hope).

For now I'm feeling more positive which is a good thing.

Sayonara

1 comment: