Thursday 6 May 2010

Just a Spoonfull Of Sugar

I have decided to make my own chocolate!
I'm not referring to truffles, filled chocolates and the like (those will come later) but the actual chocolate itself!
Mucho exciting, daring and rather insane.
So all I have to do now is find out what the exact ingredients are that make up a bar of chocolate then what sweeteners are available, then invent my own formula and then bung it in a thingy and I'll get lovely, yummy and healthy chocolate that I'll have made All By Myself.
Easy peasy, or at worst very challenging.
Ha! Pah! HA!
A good deal of the really useful articles are written for scientists and use really long words
Most of the sweeteners I've never heard of. And I can only pronounce a few of them. Too many raise the blood sugar level far too much and are too high in calories.
Some would be suitable but when used in quantities high enough to provide the desired level of sweetness keep a person far too regular.
Then there are the ones that might cause the next generation to have extra limbs, cause blindness or kill your dog (won't be using those in case you are wondering).
There are also some great ones but they are only sold in quantities of 50k plus or only available outside a tiny fishing village situated at the very top of a mountain in China.
So after months and months and hours and hours of research, I think I've worked out a formula that won't be disgusting.
So now what?

2 comments:

  1. Can you fish from the top of a mountain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you can't. It is a descriptive sentence which I had hoped would emphasize,in a humorous manner, the extreme unavailability of certain ingredients.
    Although I imagine a person could fish at a top of a mountain but it would have to be in an artificial pond or receptacle.
    However, that fact that you took the time and trouble to comment is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete